Strathpeffer is a great location for a fishing break, offering the travelling fisherman a variety of options. The Rivers Conon and Blackwater are great for salmon and trout fishing. Permits can be purchased from Loch Achonachie Angling Club for both salmon and trout fishing.
The River Conon is a fabulous place for spring salmon fishing. The best place to set up your rod is on the banks of the lower river from July through to September.
A list of lochs in the area for fishing:
1) Loch Ussie
2) Loch Garve
3) Loch Achonachie
4) Loch Achilty (T: 01997 421 245)
Tarvie Lochs are also great for rainbow and brown trout fishing. Set amidst the hills and beautiful Highland scenery, they are located midway between the villages of Contin and Garve.
Tarvie Lochs, Inchdrean, Tarvie, Ross-shire, IV14 9EJ, Scotland
T: 01997 421 250
Fishing permits are available from
1) Dingwall District Angling Club
2) Contin Filling Station (T: 01997 421948)
3) The Bungalow, Curin, Strathconon (T: 01997 466 222)
4) Sports and Model Shop, Tulloch Street, Dingwall
66 High St, Dingwall IV15 9RY
5) Loch Achonachie Angling Club